DID YOU KNOW THAT …
You can make your own mylk beverages with 4 simple ingredients and it’s so easy and quick!
Store bought mylks are convenient but they are loaded with sugar, carrageenan and other “preservatives”.
The mylks you make at home taste sooooo delicious and are FRESH!
I GUARANTEE you will NEVER want to buy store bought mylk EVER AGAIN!
1 cup of any raw, unsalted, soaked nut (almonds- take peel off, brazil, cashew or hazelnut/filbert – take peel off or a combination) or seed (sunflower and hemp work best) or shredded unsweetened coconut.
4 cups of pure filtered water (very important its filtered to avoid chemicals). If using seeds or coconut use only 2 cups filtered water!
2-3 pitted dates, depending on how sweet you like it
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
2 tbsp cacao powder (optional if making chocolate mylk)
- To soak the nuts, place them in a bowl with double the amount of water.
- Soak for about 2-3 hours, rinse and drain water. “pop” the peel off almonds or hazelnuts, discard skins and keep the nut for your mylk.
- Place ingredients in a high speed blender and mix on high speed for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour liquid in mylk bag which is placed inside a medium bowl and close bag with your hands and squeeze the liquid out into the bowl.
- Squeeze nut mylk bag until no more liquid comes out.
- Keep the pulp for making smoothies, pie crust, cookies or bars. Pulp will keep for 4-5 days in fridge.
- Refrigerate mylk in glass jar for up to 5 days (but it wont last that long!).