2 cups each chopped in small bite-sized pieces onion, butternut squash, celery, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach/kale, turnip and sweet potato
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp coconut oil
10-12 cups vegetable stock
4 tbsp miso paste
1 cup brown rice
2 tbsp coconut aminos
2 bay leaves
2 tsp sea salt or to taste
½ cup chopped parsley
- In a large stock pot, melt the coconut oil and add the garlic stirring often for 1-2 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for 5-8 minutes or until “glossy”.
- In a small bowl, add miso paste, coconut aminos and ½ cup veggie stock and dissolve.
- Pour paste with rest of stock into pot and add 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- After 15 minutes of simmering add soba noodles and cook another 5-8 minutes or if adding brown rice, cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.