I love baking anytime of the year but especially during the holiday season at Christmastime.
Listening to the jingle, jangle of Christmas music, seeing the snow falling and putting on my cozy sweater while still in my PJ’s gets me in the spirit of baking. Of course, the incredible scent of homemade, homebaked cookies just makes me want to sit in front of the fireplace, sip on my favorite @foursigmatic hot cacao with Reishi mushrooms and eat a few of these lemony raspberry soft chews. These little morsels are not only DEELISHOUS but quick and easy to make, gluten-free and have no refined sugars or added fat!
Preheat oven to 350F
Ingredients (Makes 14 – 2 for you to eat right away!)
2 cups almond flour (without the skin)
1 large egg white
3 tbsp monk fruit sugar (I use https://rawelements.ca Lakanto Sugar)
rind of 1 organic lemon
juice of 1 organic lemon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (optional but it enhances the delicious flavour and scent)
pinch of sea salt
5 tbsp organic raspberry jam (I use https://croftersorganic.com)
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, sugar, lemon rind and sea salt.
- Add the lemon juice, egg white and vanilla and almond extract if using and blend well.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out batter and form into balls.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your thumb, create a small well in the middle of the cookie and place 1/2 – 1tsp raspberry jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container for 2 weeks in the fridge or freeze for up to 1 month.