What? Asian cuisine has lasagna, no way?!
Yes way, and it’s made with “Asian cheese” aka tofu!
Organic, sprouted tofu, of course!
Enjoy this nutritious, high protein and delicious, super filling one-dish meal tonight with a side salad and invite all your friends over!
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
1 box brown rice lasagna pasta (about 10-12 noodles) or Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagna
1 large jar organic tomato sauce (500ml) + ½ cup broth of choice
2 cloves garlic
1 small bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained which will give you about 2 cups of spinach
3 tbsp coconut oil/avocado oil
3 cups sliced crimini or shiitake mushrooms or a mix of both
2 cups shredded goat cheese (or vegan mozzarella cheese)
1 cup grated Parmesan (or vegan Parmesan)
2 cups organic sprouted tofu, drained of all water, rinsed, towel dried and cut into 1/2” small cubes or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta noodles, cooking them as per box.
- Remove from heat, drain pasta and toss with dash of olive oil to prevent from sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pan, stir fry mushrooms, spinach and minced garlic in oil until slightly tender as they will cook more once in the lasagna.
- Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Spread about ¼ cup tomato sauce on bottom of a lightly oiled 9×12” baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles and top with half of the spinach mixture. Press down firmly.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture and tofu which you can mash with fingers.
- Add ¾ cup tomato sauce.
- Repeat with one more layer.
- Place remaining noodles on top, finishing with tomato sauce and topped with left over cheese or add a bit more.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes. Uncover and cook until cheese is browned.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.