Focaccia reminds me of being in Italy! Italians eat it as an afternoon snack but here in Canada, I eat it with a meal. Either way, you can basically have this pizza-like treat whenever you want. Just be careful because it IS addictive and SUPER DELICIOUS but I made it NUTRITIOUS TOO!
Anchovies are a high source of Omega 3 EFA’s and olives are a high source of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant for heart health!
Makes 12-15 focaccia pieces (about 3-4″ squared)
1 Spelt Pizza Crust recipe (You can find this in my recipe collection)
25 black olives
10 anchovy filets
sea salt (I used https://saldeibiza.com)
6 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place 3 tbsp olive oil on a cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out spelt flour pizza dough to about 1/2″ thickness and place on cookie sheet.
- Pour 3 tbsp olive oil on top of pizza dough, coating it all evenly.
- Arrange olives, anchovies, fresh rosemary and sea salt on top of dough and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until focaccia is golden brown.
- Enjoy hot and fresh from the oven!