DID YOU KNOW THAT…
Raspberries have the highest fiber content of any fruit and are exceptionally high in Vitamin C!
CACAO is super rich in magnesium, potassium and iron and is FULL of fiber and antioxidants!
THESE TWO ARE A MATCH MADE IN SUPERFOOD HEAVEN!
One or two truffles is all you will need to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth cravings and get LOADS of nutrients….so go ahead and INDULGE with added nutrition and NO SUGAR!
6 tbsp organic cacao powder, plus extra for rolling truffles
5 dates, pitted
2 tbsp tahini or your favorite nut butter
1 tbsp coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract (non-alcohol) or vanilla paste from 1 vanilla bean pod (this is more expensive but worth it!)
1/4 cup fresh raspberries (not frozen as those contain too much water)
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT raspberries in a food processor and pulse to then mix well.
- Scoop batter in a bowl and GENTLY fold in the fresh raspberries by hand.
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow batter to harden a bit so it will be easier to roll into balls.
- Using a 1 tbsp measuring spoon, scoop out batter and roll into a ball. Place ball into a small bowl of cacao powder and coat the truffle, dusting off extra cacao.
- Enjoy eating these delectable truffles immediately or store in fridge for up to 1 week and freezer for up to 1 month.