I’m all about keepin it real!
When I make dessert or a treat to satisfy my sweet tooth, I only use the highest quality, natural ingredients that are nutrient dense and taste super delicious!
This rich and creamy chocolate mousse has raw, unprocessed cacao and not coco which is processed using chemicals and void of any nutrients.
Cacao is rich in iron, magnesium and antioxidants which make this dessert healthy and guilt-free!
Ingredients for 6 servings
2 1/2 cups milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup date sugar (https://livafoods.com
3 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla pod beans
grated zest of 1/2 orange
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a saucepan on medium heat, whisk milk, cacao, date sugar and vanilla until the mixture is warm but not simmering;
- Add tapioca starch to warm liquid and whisk well;
- Continue to whisk until pudding/mousse thickens;
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, if using, and orange zest, stirring well until incorporated;
- Pour into 4-6 serving cups or glasses and layer with a few FRESH raspberries (not frozen as they have too much water). Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.