These are a much healthier version of your store bought oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! Same delicious taste without all the sugar and processed white flour which are void of fiber and protein. I know you won't be able to stop at one.....and that's OK because you don't have to!
Makes 32-34 medium sized cookies
2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 2/3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (I used http://enjoylifefoods.com)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup chocolate chunks (I used http://enjoylifefoods.com)
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup creamy organic peanut butter (or any other nut butter or 1/2 tahini, 1/2 sunflower seed butter if you are nut-free)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The dough might be crumbly but that’s OK.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Using your hands, clump together 2-3 tbsp of dough at a time and squeeze into a ball. Place onto cookie sheet about 1″ apart and gently flatten (.5cm) with palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before eating as they will crumble and fall apart (trust me!). Be patient, prepare yourself a tea and then enjoy them!