Plain dark chocolate is delicious but I LOVE combining other flavours with it, like mint! Raw chocolate is a superfood because its full of antioxidants, magnesium, iron and has not been chemically processed
Makes 12 chocolate cups
Ingredients for Chocolate:
1 cup melted cacao butter (my preference) https://organictraditions.com
1 cup raw cacao powder (my preference) https://organicrainforest.com/
1/3 cup organic agave, maple syrup or raw, unpasteurized honey
2 tbsp protein powder *OPTIONAL (my preference) https://rawelements.ca/
Ingredients for Filling:
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup melted, cold-pressed, organic coconut oil
1 tbsp Ormus Greens from Sunwarrior (my preference) https://rawelements.ca/
½ tsp organic peppermint extract
1 tsp pure vanilla extract non-alcohol
- In a double broiler (easily make one by putting a little bit of water (about 2-3cm) in a pot and placing a stainless steel or glass bowl on top. Bring water to a boil and place cacao butter in the bowl to melt. This method will keep the cacao butter away from direct heat so it won’t burn. Melt cacao butter while stirring with a whisk or wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Add cacao powder and protein powder whisk until smooth.
- Pour about 1/2cm into muffin moulds and freeze for 15-20min.
- In the meantime, blend ingredients for filling. Place 1/2 tbsp ontop of first chocolate layer and spread evenly, leaving a tiny border.
- Pour another layer of chocolate overtop to cover green filling and freeze for another 15-20 minutes.
- Pop out of moulds and enjoy or keep frozen for up to 2 months.