This recipe was created out of sheer hunger and not having planned anything to eat, so it had to be quick and easy!
High fiber AND protein are very important in my diet so I reached for Maria’s Noodles yellow pea pasta. Next, I wanted something rich and flavourful and sinfully delicious without dairy! Voila this is a delicious healthy, gluten-free and vegan mac and cheez.
I’m sure you will love every tasty bite!
Makes 4 servings
1/2 white onion, minced
2 tbsp coconut oil (sunflower or avocado is good too!)
1 tbsp Mellow Organic Brown Rice miso, I use this brand which is non-pasteurized https://traditionmiso.com
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (coconut milk works too)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese (optional)
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt (taste the sauce before adding as the miso might be salty enough)
1 tsp dried sage
1 cup organic peas
320g https://mariasnoodles.ca yellow pea noodles
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt coconut oil and saute onion until transparent.
- Gently whisk in rest of the ingredients until blended.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup organic peas to sauce, mix and cover with lid.
- Boil 3L of water in a large pot and add pasta. Follow instructions on package. Drain pasta when ready.
- Pour sauce over pasta, mix well and serve with a salad or steamed veggies.