This granola was inspired by a fellow holistic nutritionist Joy McCarthy. I added a few different ingredients creating my own version of an already delicious and filling snack! No grains, no gluten, only real whole food with high fiber and healthy fats. Sweetened with Canadian maple syrup!
Enjoy this crunchy chunks with yogurt, mylk, on fruit or just on their own!
(makes 6-7 cups)
4 cups raw pecans and cashews
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds (I only use https://skuta.ca Grown in Ontario)
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup ground flax
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 tbsp ghee, softened or melted (melted coconut oil is a good sub.)
4 tbsp water
1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together liquid ingredients along with cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well to make sure everything is coated.
- Spread mixture on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 300F, remove from oven and allow to cool completely (this is very important even if it will be extremely difficult to wait as your whole abode will have the most incredible scent, but trust me…..wait!)