Keep it simple.
Keep it quick.
Keep it healthy.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable so that means it has sulfur compounds which help the liver neutralize toxins as it detoxifies.
A healthy liver is important to rid toxins like excess estrogen, synthetic chemicals and heavy metals. Which means balanced hormones, healthy thyroid, healthy heart and weight and blood sugar management!
PLUS this beautiful veggie is so versatile, so stay tuned for more recipes on cauliwings, caulisteaks, caulirice and caulimash! If you are looking for a caulicrust, check out my past recipes…..it’s there!
Makes 8-10 servings
1 organic cauliflower, remove leaves and cut into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium sized carrot, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp ghee (you can use coconut oil too)
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 cup loose flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp sea salt
6-7 cups boiling filtered water
1 small can coconut cream
- On medium heat, melt ghee in a 3L pot. Add garlic, onion and saute until onion is transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Add carrot and celery and saute a few more minutes.
- Next, add cauliflower, bay leaves, dill, sea salt and saute a few minutes.
- Finish by adding water and parsley. Make sure the vegetables are covered with water but not too much as your soup will not be as creamy.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and pour in the coconut cream. Stir and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Place in a high speed blender and cream the soup to desired consistency.
- Serve with gomasio as in the picture.