I’m trying to reduce lectins for the month of January to improve digestion & absorption of nutrients and reduce inflammation!
So, I “healthified” the traditional classic all-time favorite North American chocolate chip cookie recipe and these beauties popped out of the oven! I added some juice and rind from blood oranges which are in season now and flax for that extra fibre. These are a bit on the dry side so best enjoyed with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea, matcha or shroom hot chocolate.
3/4 cups cassava flour
1 cup almond flour
4 tbsp flax seeds, ground
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp juice from 1 blood orange and the rind (drink the rest, it’s delicious!)
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (min.70% cacao)
1/3 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350C.
- Place dry ingredients in a blender and mix.
- Add wet ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans (if using) and mix until evenly distributed.
- Drop about 2tbsp of the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the dough to desired round thickness (about .5cm).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!