- 3 bunches of kale, washed, stems removed and leaves torn into medium bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds (for a nut-free version) or 1 cup cashews
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp hemp oil (olive oil is OK too but the Omega3:6 ratio for hemp is 3:1 and EVOO is 10:1)
- 1/4-1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp smoked ancho chili pepper(optional but soooo tasty!)
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients expect the kale to a high powered blender or food processor. Process until you get a smooth consistency that is not too liquidy more on the creamy, thicker texture.
- Massage sauce onto kale with hands.
- Dehydrate at 115°F until crispy or about 4-5 hours if using a convection oven cook at 225F for 50-60 minutes.
- Try not to eat the whole batch in 1 sitting!