This dish can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert because it is a gastronomical explosion of flavor and fluffiness!
This dish is truly a DREAM and you will feel like you are on cloud9 when you sink your teeth into these flapjacks!
Makes 6-8 large pancakes (Serves 4)
Ingredients for apple cream
4 small apples or 2 cups, peeled and diced
1 tbsp sunflower lecithin
1/3 cup melted coconut butter
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend well until silk smooth.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, while you are making caramel apples.
Ingredients for caramel apples
3 tbsp almond butter
5 drops Lakanto vanilla liquid drops http://rawelements.ca
½ tbsp Foursigmatic Beauty Detox or fresh lemon juice http://rawelements.ca
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp raw unpasteurized honey http://beekeepersnaturals.com
½ tsp cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
2 large apples, peeled and cut into tiny pieces
- In a magic bullet or small blender, place all ingredients and blend until smooth, or you can whisk all ingredients by hand until smooth.
- Pour caramel sauce over apples and mix.
Ingredients for pancakes:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cassava flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup nut milk
2 organic free range eggs
2 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil or ghee, melted and cooled slightly
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk liquid ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Heat skillet or frying pan on medium high heat, then reduce to medium heat and brush with some coconut or ghee. Pour some batter in pan and shape if needed into a round pancake. Flip your flapjack when bottom is golden brown or it starts to bubble on top.
- To assemble this dish, place one pancake on your plate, add 2 tbsp apple cream and spread over pancake. Top with 1-2 tbsp caramel apples. Add another pancake on top and add another 2 tbsp apple cream, spreading well to cover entire pancake and caramel apples. Finish with a few tables of the caramel apples over top.