Hold on to your Yucca – there is a new kid in anti-inflammation town!
Where have you been all my life? Cassava is lectin-free, gluten-free, high in fiber and protein, low in fat and rich in Vitamin C, B6, calcium and magnesium! Just make these flapjacks and you will send me flowers later 🙂
Makes 6-8 large pancakes
1 1/4 cup cassava flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp Lakanto monkfruit sugar or coconut sugar
1 cup nut milk
3 organic free range eggs
3 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil or ghee, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk liquid ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Gently, fold in blueberries.
- Heat skillet or frying pan on medium high heat, then reduce to medium heat and brush with some coconut or ghee. Pour some batter in pan and shape if needed into a round pancake. Flip your flapjack when bottom is golden brown or it starts to bubble on top.
- Drizzle these fluffy, moist and spongy pancakes with raw honey and sprinkle 1-2 tsp bee pollen as an immune booster!