This recipe was taken from The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution Cookbook
by @jillhillhouse and @lisacantkier
Easy to make, 25 minutes to bake and then I ate and ate about eight!
Oh and you will want to double the recipe like I did – trust me!
Makes about 36, 2″ crackers or 200g
3/4 cups almond flour (I used left over almonds from when I made my almond mylk)
3/4 cups ground flax
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp onion powder (I didn’t have any so i used garlic powder)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
2 large free range, hormone free organic egg whites (lightly beaten)
1 tbsp melted coconut oil (I used ghee)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grab a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add egg whites and oil and mix with a fork until well blended.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Place ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and with a rolling pin, roll dough evenly into a 30cm x 20cm thin rectangle.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, score the dough into 36 even squares or about 2″ each.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through until crisp (I had to bake mine for 25-30 minutes so it depends on your oven – just keep an eye and rotate the tray).
- Let cool completely on pan, then snap along the score lines to form crackers.